Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Thank God for roommates.com


When I made the decision to move out here, I struggled with where to live. I found the Web site roommates.com and thought that having a roommate would be a good idea since I'd be in a new city and Adam would be a ways away. I really hit the roomie jackpot with Angela. She is someone I feel like I've known much longer than a month. And tonight I was so grateful to have her in my life.

Today was a rough day for no particular reason. The magnitude of what's gone on in the last month rears its ugly head at odd times. I spent much of the day chatting by e-mail with my dad, whose heart is probably broken more than mine by all of this. By the time I got home, I was emotionally drained.

My first pick-me-up came in the form of these absolutely fabulous gold sandals I found for a steal on ebay. How fun are these?!













After that, Angela and I went out to dinner and I laughed - alot. Plus she introduced me to a fantastic little family run Thai place. I was glad to try a new place and to spend some quality time with her - especially since I almost lost her last week. She works for Marriott and was being courted pretty seriously to take a job in LA. She spent several days out there, and I was so freaked out that I was going to have to find a new place to live, and I knew that I would never find a place and a person so perfect for me. But she's not going anywhere, and I am glad because this is a friendship I think will be an important part of my life for a long time.

1 comments:

In the Pacific NW said...

Love those shoes! Sorry to hear they are uncomfortable. :(