Thursday, April 06, 2006

A bad day

So yesterday isn't going to rank up there with great days. It started out with a call to my grandparents, who were just put into assisted living in Tampa, Florida. My grandfather sounded so depressed and barely spoke, which is totally unlike him. Then my grandmother kept asking me questions about being a teacher because she was confusing me with someone else. It was very hard to talk to them and realize that they are getting older and just aren't the same people I've known my whole life.

And since this site is not only my diary but my confessional as well, here's a doozy. I guess I had not had enough emotional trauma for one day so I called Adam last night. I am not sure what I expected to happen. Actually, that's not true. I know exactly what I wanted to happen. I wanted him to hear my voice and say, "I've been such a jackass. Can you ever forgive me?" Well as you know, life rarely happens the way it does in our imagination. The call was weird and awkward and included a lot of him complaining about how bad the dating scene is here. Of course, I told him that I didn't want to hear it because it was the choice he made. He also told me I was lucky because when I go out, I don't have to pay. Again, nothing I wanted to hear. All in all, it was the worst ending to an already miserable day.

0 comments: